Monday, September 24, 2007

The Miracle Motor!

Quite literally, actually...

Referring to the car story you've all been waiting for...(correct me if I'm wrong (someone I live with, that is...)). To my knowledge, the story goes something like this:

We have a long-time friend who helps regularly with large donations towards our projects & also every now & then with specific requests. He's also the one that just gave us the use of his house in Jos when we held our Bible camp last week (but that's another story...).

One day about 2 weeks ago, he called us up out of the blue & said: "I have a van that I would like to give you. Come to my office & pick up the keys". So off went Angela, Michelle & Abner to pick it up & about 45 minutes later they came back with this automatic '98 Honda minivan (sort of, more like station wagon), that's actually in pretty good running condition. It's not brand new, but no one's complaining at all as it was FREE! Hallelujah!

Later Angela found out that our team in Port-Harcourt had just prayed that morning in devotions that the Lord would supply another car for us so that we'll be able to drive up to Yankari (National Park) together at the end of the year (we had 3 vehicles, but only one is large enough to hold a group of us plus luggage. We're trying to sell our Jeep Cherokee as it's older & has issues (another prayer request...) & the 3rd one is a very small, 25 year old Peugoet that's...special.).
So the Lord answered that prayer the same day. Now between our truck & the minivan, we'll all be able to travel up together....awesome.



Isaiah 65:24= And it shall come to pass that before they call I will answer; and while they are yet speaking I will hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That IS a really good car story!