Sunday, September 02, 2007

For Lola....


I didn't miss her B'day, but I did miss posting about it...

..her B'day was actually in the beginning of August, but since I'd been away so long, the first posts I managed to put up were of the FDTP...

..but the good thing about this is that she's not expecting it....Please surprise her by wishing her a happy New Year & telling her something you'd want her to have this new year. (especially all those of you who know her)

Enjoy the following pics of "big sis"....


Taken quite recently in the North of Iceland, shortly before her B'day...I actually nabbed this one off of Anj's (far left) blog (whackywhazzo@blogspot.com). See my sister second from right. She's a faithful missionary in the way North of the globe...Iceland! She's been diligently ministering the Lord's Word the the people there for the last 2 years now & going strong...I really admire & look up to her. Go, Lola!

Interestingly enough, I was thinking how when I was down in S.Africa, month before last, with her at the top of the globe that was probably the furthest any of us had ever been from each other geographically. (besides when I was in Japan & some of my family were in Belgium...then again..)



Showing one of her silly sides....



...and another one...






The funny thing about Lisa, is that she'll look almost completely different in every picture...many a phase this woman has gone through...she should right a book, actually! Hey, Lisa, why don't you do that?? You could call it...."The many sides of Lisa Velzeboer"...or "101 Ways to be Yourself"...go with that last one, actually...

Anyways, I'm praying this year will bring New challenges your way, since you like adventure so much & that God will guide you in everything you do & keep you healthy, happy & safe...

ILY!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Lisa, again! I love you and miss you and hope to see you soon! xxx

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you are beautiful, on the inside and outside! Happy B'day, honey, and may this year be the most exciting yet. Hope to see you soon, so we can catch up. In the mean time we are just a prayer and an email away.
Love,
mom

Anonymous said...

Lots of love to you, Lisa, and I wish you the best of a birthday and better still for the year ahead and everything it will hold for you. May it be as wonderful and beautiful as you are.

Jonathan & Vida said...

Happy Birthday, I love you and I'm praying for you to have a wonderful year ahead of you filled with moments that make you smile and chuckle gleefully. And I also hope that you'll be able to meet my kid(s) this coming year as well ;). Love, love, love, love you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa--Happy belated birthday from Kathmandu...it was great to see you last year after like, years!
Keep going for God! I super love & admire you...your sample affects more than you know.
Love n' the POTK--Lily Fighter, Nepal

whacky said...

Happy birthday, Lisa!! I love living and working with you... I love the crazy you and what awesome fun you bring to our team.
I'm looking forward to the many more b'days you and I will spend together... and who knows? At the rate we're going, we might still be hanging out when I turn 30 - God forbid! :-P
Anyhoos, I love you bunches and am so glad you're here! xxx

anna said...

I liked that last title: 'the 101 ways to be yourself'. Lisa was really good at that, and helped everyone around her to be the unique person they are (to the full spectrum! as you'll see in her!)

I love you dearie! Thanks for your encouragment and the good kicks in the butt you gave me on many needed and numerous occasions. teehee! ILY!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Meeseez Annna, and the many others who commented. Eh, sebo, you did not what? you did not forget my birthday! ...And where the bejeebies did you steal all those photos from???? Tsk tsk...or did I just give them to you and forget? Lol. That would be like something I'd do. I was just talking with someone today about how that's such a leo thing to do. Heh. Thanks. I love you mucho and miss you micho and wish ya was where? wish you were there! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and a billion hugs.
--Lispis aka Lola (Gabe took up your torch on that one..ahem..to the rest I'm still just Lisa. Nicknames never really stuck w/ me...I wonder why?!)

whacky said...

I would call you Lola, but you turned on Gabe the first few times he called you that... so I figured I should keep my safe distance :-P

Then again, we could try to come up with something else... but nothing I think of quite fits you. ... Hang on! I got one! I'll just call you "101" :-P

Unknown said...

Nicknames SO suit her....I don't know what she's talking about...

Don't mind her, Anj! Call her whatever you like...she'll grow accustomed to it eventually...

Anonymous said...

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)


ee cummings