Monday, September 24, 2007

Jos Bible Camp!



Just returned the day b4 yesterday from Plateau State, about 3 states up north-east of Abuja, where we held a 4-day Bible seminar for a small Discipleship group in a city called Jos. Pictured above is the quaint little hotel that we held the seminar at...

Now I can see why missionaries always traveled to Jos over the years as the temperature, climate & scenery are ideal (even when in the States earlier this year, while we were holding a missionary living class for Sunday School group of Third Graders at a Baptist Church, the pastor told me about his visit to "Josh" in the 70s & how he liked it so much....I corrected him once or twice saying that the name of the place was in fact 'Jos', but after about the 4th or 5th enthusiastic repeat offense of the word "Josh", I gave up...)...around this time of year (nearing the end of rainy season) the outskirts of town are just covered with greenery & flowers.

But, yeah, there's just something about teaching God's word to a group of hungry souls for nearly a week straight. I swear it's the ultimate therapy (& I don't swear).
My next swear is that the 12 Foundation Stones Course is about the most
inspiring Bible Guide ever put together. It brings the Bible alive unlike
NOTHING I have ever read before. With it's insertion of true-life stories, lively skits, discussions & practical steps for direct application, this course not only enables, but leaves the student with an ornate desire to get out & do everything for God & fellow man that they can...That thing is so anointed & I believe that
that was the cause of half the fun I had over the last 5 days.

Besides the 6 classes taught, we also enjoyed inspirations, Loving Jesus night, volleyball & a movie together (Pay it Forward, which went right along with your witnessing/change the world class...Awesome!)

Enjoy the following pictorial (all pics by me, unless I'm in them...go figure..):


Simon teaching the Eternal Salvation class...


Enjoying a meal of Semovita (maize starch) Egusi soup & Beef Stew...it was actually really good...


All of us, minus Paul (our Active Member who had to travel the day b4)on the last day


The cute girls who attended our seminar: Biara, Grace & Pamela


Jos' flowery hills...


I have no idea what type flower this is, but they were everywhere & they were pretty.

2 comments:

Lady Jo said...

Those really are great shots of the country side and inspiring stories!

Unknown said...

TY...I'm happy you enjoyed & were inspired by it....