Friday, April 27, 2007

The Lord gives & the Lord takes away...... B'ham, AL

The bad news is that it's not working out for me to go to Wordstock, as I don't really have the funds & the timing is not quite right, as I need to be working on my visa for Nigeria & preparing for some JT projects in Africa when I get back....(praises through his tears...and y'all didn't even know that I was going in the first place, did you?)

And the good news is (drumroll please......(is 'drumroll' one word or two??):

THE LORD SUPPLIED A NEW COMPUTER FOR ME TODAY!!!!!! I had orginally wanted to sell my old computer before coming here to the States & expected to invest about $1000 into a new computer...however, I wasn't able to sell my old computer, so just left it by faith.--I decided that I'd buy one here & then sell my old one when I get back (since it'll still be sitting there??...I was particularly smart on the day I figured that out....).

Then, funds were looking quite tight recently, as I prepared & raised funds for a new computer, travel costs while here, a ticket back to Nigeria, as well as my new visa....wow!!!

So today when I went out to buy a computer, I asked the Lord that through the power of the Keys, I would find one for $500 or $600....I said it in faith, but just quickly as we were driving off & didn't think more of it...Then after looking in a few places, at a Best Buy I found a Toshiba Satellite that was on clearance, (as they want a new stock) with 1gig SD Ram, Windows Vista, dual core processor, 160 GIG HARDDRIVE, DVD burner for just $750.....WOW!! But the part where it got real good was that with it I got a $150 gift card, which I was able to sell to Richard....so all in all the thing cost $550 (plus tax), but was in the range that I prayed for. TYJ!

He's aweseome, in't He?

10 comments:

whacky said...

PTL! That's inspiring... Though I'd be careful with a Vista. There's quite a few reports going around that it's not all it's cracked up to me and has a number of downsides as well.

As for Wordstock, someone let the cat out of the bag in a comment and you confirmed it. You also had it in your prayer requests for the US ;-)

Santi said...

well, i'll shoot for Linux, if u don't want Vista, i might install it myself this summer on mine and get the feel of an open source OS. anyway, i'm really hapy that the Lord worked it out for you to get that laptop in the price range that u wanted :D TYJ!! he indeed is awesome, aint he?

Unknown said...

TY...you're absolutely right...He really is...

Nyx Martinez said...

Wow Brian, that's a great answer to prayer. The Lord always knows how to compensate ;)

Take care out there!

Anonymous said...

Thats great news, Brian, and inspiring to hear, though i know the Lord loves you and will always give you the desires of yr heart as you delight yrself in Him, as you so faithfully do.
We are praying for you and look foward to seeing u again in nigerial.
Keep smiling and shining....

Anonymous said...

wow, that is such great news,to hear that the lord supplied a new laptop. I have been keep it in my daily prayers, so it is cool to hear that he finally did it.

I will continue to keep the rest of your fundraising in my prayers.

Lady Jo said...

great to be back here to catch up with you! But watch out for vista. We've had dramas with it recently.
Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Pity you couldn't go to WS, Brian, but it's not really all it's cooked up to be. ..

Just kidding

And might I add that if it was a $150 gift card your computer should've cost $600. eheh.

Anonymous said...

Brian you are too fresh. Take it easy. Im back in Nigeria and miss my partner in crime when it comes to teasing mich.
Its good you didnt go to WordS...remember the talk i gave you before you left? All things work together for good.
Windows vista is great.

Unknown said...

Good Math, Heather....I'm a complete dunce when it comes to mathematics (as evidenced...). I think I'll stick to writing.

Art, you're hilarious!(inside joke, never mind trying to see anything funny in that, y'all..)!