Friday, April 06, 2007

Close call... Atlanta, GA

This post could also be titled "Lesson Learned" or "Never Again" or "Stupid Me"....but hey...part of life is taking risks, right?

Lemme tell you what happened...

I had actually rushed to the airport & had made it their like an hour b4 my flight...
I checked in fine (see last post) & was on my way up &....ok, I won't repeat myself...(see last post)

Basically, by the time I got on the computer it was like 5 minutes till when I was supposed to board...I thought, "I'll just post in 10 minutes & then be on my way"...that part went smooth & was actually pretty quick. From there I went on to proceed to the security, but then saw a nice little gift shop (I was like the young prophet & the duty free shop was the old prophet) & thought @ how nice it wld B to get something for my sister. I took about 10 minutes to choose a silly little teddy bear & then had the girl take it back, cause I saw a history book that I wanted for myslef (that's when I should've known it was REALLY going wrong....I had originally stopped for something for someone else, but now I was just thinking about ME!!). She was halfway through changing my buy when I went & changed my mind AGAIN & told her "Actually! I'll just take the Teddy Bear!"--Crazy!

Satisfied with my stupid self (except I didn't know I was stupid yet) I round the corner into the security to see about 4 lines, each 40 ppl deep for the security check in....and it was crawling. My heart completely sank! My flight was closing in ten minutes. I can't quite remember another time when I wanted to kick myself so badly.
I prayed, apologized to the Lord for being so stupid, thought about what my Mom would say (why is it that half the time when our conscience talks, we picture our Mom's face saying it...), claimed every which key promise & verse on miracles & rebuked just about every demon I know...lol...

Oh, yes. Then, just when I tought it couldn't get any worse, they pull me aside when I went through security (after my belt beeped & I already had to go through 2 extra times) to search my bag item by item...I could've screamed! I told the lady "My flight leaves in 20 minutes." She gave me the coldest look, mixed with an expression that told me that checking my bag was the highlight of her day...."I have to check this bag" she said.
After confiscating my deodarant & orange juice (you think I would've learned by now), I was on my way.
I actually deliberately walked past the last security check & ran (yes, I said ran) down to my gate & just managed to board.--Never again!

But all is well now & I'm enjoying the company of my sister, Phebe (who's pregnant with her first kid), my Grandmama & other relatives on this Easter weekend. So.....happy endings...more pics soon!

(pray I don't do anything else stupid--tx!)

1 comment:

whacky said...

eh, Ssssebo! You are what?!?!? You are crazy!! :-P
Foolishness is bound in the heart of Brian ... but Jesus loves him despite it all. :-)