Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks!

It's that day again...

Great! Personally, Thanksgiving is the most worthwhile American holiday...every country should have Thanksgiving, really...

For me, every day is meant to be Thanksgiving, GHM (guess...)!

But yes, today is a perfect day to be thankful & I'm thankful for:

The Christmas season that's just starting (it started about a week ago for us in earnest...) & for all that we want to do with that.

My computer, so that I can post this post.

The chickens I stuffed & served for my home tonight, as well as the gravy, rice, veggies & salad & of course the stuffing (that I stuffed up the chicken's ____!--which I mentioned..).

The city of Abuja which is a bright, throbbing, tropical, lively capital, with so much potential & even more kind & hearty souls in need of the Word.

The team I stay with now: Angela, Arturo, Abner, Anisa, Ayla, Chloe, Mary, Michelle, Rianna, Rod, Richard & Simon.

My family back home (that would be in UK, US, Iceland & Belgium to be more precise).

The Nigerian people. Because of all that I learn daily from their ingenuity & fervor & because of all that I'm able to impart to them in return that they appreciate & thank me for continuously.

That I'm able-bodied, young, in my peak (go figure)& healthy. I take so much for granted that I'm able to do, but it's time to really be thankful for that which benefits us daily & greatly, but that we never had to go without, so never fully appreciate.

I could go on & on, but I'll not drone too long (although one can never Give Thanks too much).

Interestingly enough, it was a year ago this month that I posted the Positive Praise Post, which was later turned to a Reflection, which later (this month) was posted in the activated mag of the month...na-wow for me-o!!! I'm seeing a pattern here...maybe if I write another Reflection out of this one it'll come out in November 2008's activated mag.

Give Thanks, people! Peace!

P.S. I'm thankful for this blog, because through it I keep in touch with my fam & friends & I have honestly made several good friends, whom I have learned so much from & that I wouldn't have known otherwise, because of this blog.

No comments: