Thursday, December 28, 2006

I missed Boxing Day!

Well...I thought maybe something for the mid-way point (sort of) through the 12 days of Christmas....

I'll show you a couple more pics of my Christmas celebrating over the last few days & maybe give you a couple more Christmas thoughts.

But first I'd like to thank the Lord for all my friends and family & greater Family all around the world....I am so blessed to have so many friends & loved ones in my life....through e-mail and my blog I recieved more than 25 personal Christmas cards & Christmas greetings from family & freinds from Holland to Iceland to the States to Mexico to Nigeria to Belgium, etc., etc., etc.,
....I know, it's not THAT many....but certainly enough to praise for. TY, Jesus for all my friends! I just hope Jesus got the same Christmas attention I did....(somehow I think between us all, He did)

This pic of us early morning on Christmas eve (maybe 11 o clock, heh, heh!). Art made these with the layers & all....I won't even tell you how long it took him, but I will say that despite the bottle of brandy sitting there, it's not "arrrrgh" we're drinking--it's coffee/cocao...with a little twist.-Yum!


This one during our C'mas dinner that same day--at night! (Is any of this making sense?) Richard took the picture!


Me happily recieving my gift early 25th!--Happy Birthday, Jesus! OOPs--Maybe I should give it to Him!--Well, I figured He was happy that my getting the 212 reminded me of Him giving me His whole life?? Somehow, it figured...Merry Christmas!



Baby's first Christmas!


I took this one of everyone on Christmas Day, which also happened to be a friends's Birthday (far-right with the XCecosdE!se on his shirt). Richard cooked some pasta & we brought wine & stuff...it was fun! P.S. THERE ARE SWEET CHICKS IN NIGERIA!!!!



We ate at a nice Indian restaurant on Boxing Day for Simon's Birthday. The meal was donated....I had goat ribs with Naan & dips...yay!(sorry, no pics)

For dinner tonight we had a picnic at the park (the reason this is noteworthy is because I've been in Africa nearly 7 years & it was my 1ST PICNIC IN THE PARK). The fact that the park was actually safe was phenomenal (of course, we didn't stay too late) & the fact that I didn't get bit by a mosquito is even more outstanding....

That's pretty much my Christmas so far! Peace! (on earth, good will....I'm really stretching this Christmas out to the max, aren't I?)

Christmas Thots

(Jesus speaking:)
A gift that I would desire is the gift of recommitment. Search your heart & find that love for Me, that passion for My Kingdom, that desire to leave everything else but Me behind, and then recommit yourself to Me for the coming year & beyond. This can all happen in a few short moments of prayer--no big ceremony is needed, as I will look on your heart & I will love and appreciate this precious gift that you are giving Me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian, I just got the card you guys sent! Thanks so much, made me miss Nigeria. Please give my love to everyone there and a big slobbery hug & kiss for Elene. :)

Did you spend Christmas in Abuja?

Nyx Martinez said...

Merry christmas, Brian...although you and I both know it will never be as merry as WHAT???????
....UGANDA.
EHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian, sounds like you had a happy C'mas. So happy for you! Sounds like you are having a good time in Nigeria. I love some of the stories you put on your blog. And of course it is fun to look at all your pic's and share them with our friends in Iceland, who ALL have fond memories of you!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Brian! Wishing you a fantastic year in the Lord's service. I really enjoy your posts and look forward to hearing more of your adventures in Nigeria. Love you! Take care!

... Give my love to Rach and Etienne ... and kisses to Alexcia!