Saturday, December 23, 2006

MY CHRISTMAS SO FAR.....

Traditionally, the Christmas "season" in Africa, doesn't really start till, I'd say, the first or second week of December (at least in most of the African countries I've been to)....Many in the working class here only get off work around Christmas Eve or Christmas day, through to New Year's & then it's right back to work come like, Jan 2nd, or so. Kids usually have holiday from around the 1st or 2nd week of December...So I've been used to a sort of late start to Christmas each year...

However, Christmas started way-early for me this year (YES!!!)....first noteable C'mas event being Christmas dinner at a friend's place somewhere around Nov, 25th...the tree being up in our own house & Carols playing about a week prior...


Pretend Karaoke to a 50s-Blues song I'd never heard....



Dancing to another "50s-Blues-song-I'd-never-heard" with Rachel....GREAT fun.




Rima & Elene admiring cute baby Alexia...



At the Christmas party Family Care organizes yearly for underprivileged kids...In collabaration with several local companies & many individual sponsors...the First Lady of Lagos State (Governer's wife) also attended this year (you can see her in Blue)..I was so glad to have been able to help....I enjoyed it immensely.


Next 4: Rima, Rachel and I helping direct an impromtu nativity play with the kids in between the games and the lunch....







Group shot


One I took during a Family Care Christmas party for friends here up-country....L-R: Mary, 2 friends, Arturo & Angela...


Yay....lots of fun....let's see what else I'll find in this "Yuletide-time"...Hope you enjoyed...

No comments: