Saturday, March 22, 2008

Not Getting Any Younger...

although thank God i still look it..somehow this pic looks more like i'm turning 22, then 28..but, hey..that means that when i turn 40, i'll look like i'm 35? time certainly WILL tell.


Well, that's how fast a year goes...

Wow, this is a time when you can tell if you're loved. My big day is today & my home & friends went out of their way to make it really special..The fact that my B'day is the day before Easter Sunday this year also makes it memorable..

This is the halfway point, but tomorrow I'll do an Easter post, so I figured it best to post B'day happenings now...

The celebrations started a day early this year with a boys bowling trip in my honor (this was meant to be a surprise but someone accidentally told me where we were going just before we left..)..anyways, just as well I didn't take any pics because I LOST..came in last of the 4..but hey, I enjoyed it anyway..

Then it was back home & off to the squash court where I had my 2nd loss of the day, but this time to Martin...great fun, though..played best out of 5 & he won 3..



After a full 2 hours of that it was back home to a delicious dinner (not in my honor--remember it's still not actually my B'day) & then off to the club for a drink to ring in my B'day.

My A. Darice has her B'day the day before mine, so I was able to call her in the States before I went out & surprise her...also got my first pre-B'day wishes from her..





This morning I was awoken to the Birthday song & told of a "surprise" downstairs...aye, that it was..a FULL BRUNCH (pictured) where everyone sang for me, appreciated all the things they liked about me & made me feel all "warm/fuzzy"..



I thank God for bringing me through another year...I thank Him for equipping me & empowering me with the Keys to His Kingdom & the power of Heaven that helps me in all I do..I thank Him for bringing hardships, tests, challenges, trials, sickness, loneliness, etc. into my life this year, as it helped me appreciate the love, joy, friendship, family, health, blessings, bountiful provision, miracles & beauty in my life even more..

Thank You for another year, Jesus!
(a little prose now & then is always good, ain't it?)



somehow last year's B'day treats repeated...Also had Pizza & Chapman on my 27th. Just chance, funny enough..



I'll end this post with the B'day greeting I recieved from a dear friend named Joy C. who happened to be the sender of my first e-B'day-card this year (1st of 4 so far). Love you, Joy! Your card really touched me & made me feel special. ;)


Dear Brian,
Happy Birthday! I am praying that the Lord makes this year really special and unforgettable. I miss you. Thank you for all the fun, joy, and laugher that we've shared. You are such a good friend. Thank you for taking the time to always listen to me and hear my problems. When I think of March 22nd, I thank the Lord that He chose that date to create an amazing person like you.
I love you.
Joy

10 comments:

Samanta said...

Happy Birthday Bryan! We don't know each other but today i read the comment you left on my blog (how did you come across it?)and i wanted to thank you for the prayer you shot up for me. That's very sweet of you!
Have a wonderful day!

anna said...

by jove, am I glad I happened upon your blog today. admittedly I'm not the most faithful in keeping up with others' (blogging) faithfulness. But allow me to wish you a very happy birthday and a terrific new year. Til haminju I say!

Jamez said...

Happy Birthday man... keep having fun!

CurlyCel said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Brian! So glad to hear it was a happy and memorable occasion - I pray its just the first of many more to come as you start on another year for Him. LY and am praying for you!

Nyx Martinez said...

EH SSEBO.

Happy Belated and another year! Sorry I missed it! ...blame it on the remote, undeveloped jungles without any Internet access for a week...

All the same, much love to you and I pray Jesus does some real special things for you this year. You've served Him well, and you deserve it!

Love you!
Nyx

Unknown said...

Thank you all...

The fun continues with all your loving B'day wishes..I really appreciate them.

Samanta, I accessed your blog thru Esther WW's, which I link to...
I'll keep praying for you till Jr pops out..;)

"Mrs. Anna"..it's been too long..
I've tried going on your original blog, but somehow lost the link & couldn't find links to it..how do we "reconnect?"..And what does the 'haliju tinimu' thingie mean? (scratches head puzzled)

Cel, Jamez, Nikki..thanks again! I shall remember your own...(unless it's already passed, of course..;) ) GB..

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rebel, have a fantastic year ahead! Next year we just might let you win something. KGFG.

whacky said...

Brian, "Til Hamingju" is the Icelandic way of saying Happy Birthday. It actually means congratulations.
If you want to be proper, you would say "Til Hamingju med afmaeli" (not quite the proper spelling, since I don't have the Icelandic keyboard turned on). It means Congratulations on your birthday!

anna said...

yes, what I was trying to say was "congratulations" in my Icelandic tongue ... altho it's still a little confused.

my blog would be annarinns.blogspot.com you can check me out there, will be posting some new stuff and pix shortly.

lots of love mr whyte ;)

Wild Flower said...

Man, I missed this post. So sorry! Happy late birthday, Brian. This next year is gonna be great. Love ya...