Sunday, March 02, 2008

February Happenings...

Well, what I really wanna talk @ is my trip to Ghana/Port-Harcourt just b4 the Feast..

Then of course the 3-day spiritual Feasting was phenomenal (one of my highlights in the year)...

Planning for the Offensive & back to full-on home life since my 2 week trip/Feasting was also worth noting...

other than that...enjoy the pics..

I won't "repeat-post" same pics of Ghana that I just posted for the young people here


but here are a few others..


this in the midst of Africa Cup of Nations, 2008... i didn't realize when i booked out my itinerary for my trip, the dates kinda fell on this event by themselves...i'm glad they did..


photographer should've stepped back a bit...now i don't remember the name of the hotel..this was to be our entrance to the beach...the hotel reminded me of Mombasa...this beach wasn't as nice as Msa ones, though...


relaxing..then i swam way out with Johannes, we swam the furthest out of everyone (there were a couple people out a couple meters behind us, but they had boogie boards)...then we had swam a little too far...because of the current it was a struggle getting back in..a little scary, actually..


Steven & Emily at their home's agriculture project...checking on the bee hives..
ironically, my battery ran out just before i got to take a pic of myself in full gear...it was quite the experience..since i didn't get a picture as a souvenir, a bee decided to sting my hand so i could have a remeberance...boy did that hurt! These African bees don't kid around...i kept that sting for about 10 days, believe it or not...

After a week there it was off 2 PH for a few days of bonding/connecting/visiting/celebrating the aip (activated incentive program) with the teens there..the fun continued...check it out..

This was actually to be the highlight for me, but the Devil had his try at stopping me from entering that leg of the trip...as i was coming into Lagos from Accra the flu that i had caught at Hattso (pronounced Hatcho) home was in full swing...i landed around 7 in the evening (see my post titled...with my head bursting (or so it felt) from the air-pressure)...didn't make it to a hotel till about 9 & thru fever/head-cold, etc. i managed to provision a discount on the hotel room & witnessed to a few of the hoteld staff & checked in my room fine...but by the time i was getting to bed, i was seriously praying about just catching a flight home (Abuja..due North from Lagos), instead of going due East, to my destination of PH where the teens were...
I actually tossled with the idea all night, between mosquito bites & exhaustion...by morning, I felt somewhat rested & claimed the power of the keys of the Kingdom that I would be completely healed as I went...I decided to go by faith.

And it worked...my "do the humble thing" for that week, was talking with the teens like a frog for the first 2 days I was there. Singing never happened at any point...when i read the prophecies the Lord gave for the teens who had finished their activated competition, I had to keep scraping my throat, apologizing, coughing, etc. ha.

But it turned out good.. check the pics...



Managed a nice dinner, between the home & the board sponsoring some treats...

Had Lebanese Bread with Humus & Baba-ganoosh (i'm sure that's not how it's spelled) for starters & then served up Kebabs, Fried Rice & Salad for the main with a nice apple/pineapple punch we made...then Jenny's carrot cake for desert..delish!


with certificates...


"But i didn't bring prizes!!"...."Just certificates!"..

more on the way..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was the one taking the pix, and it wasn't like that. It was more like, the girls saying, "We're not worthy! We adore you, etc, etc, etc." *note, they're underaged!!!!!! Hence, his mortified expression.* Brian was more like, 'Hey, it isn't me! It's only Jesus!!' Hehe...

Unknown said...

lol..Is that what it was?

I do remember something of the sort..but that explanation would've been way too long...so I opted for the simpler/humbler caption..

Anonymous said...

haha i like the pic of the girls begging 4 prizes. lawlz
=D