Sunday, January 07, 2007

Paid Holiday.....Jesus Foots the Bill!!


Just got back from a wonderfully relaxing 6-day holiday at a 5-star hotel that was all DONATEEEEED. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! I thoroughly enjoyed myself....a big room all to myself (most of the time), beautiful pool, nice gym & squash courts, exquisite 5 star restaurants & 6 fun friends to share it with. What more could one ask for at the start of the year? (don't answer that!) Thank you, Jesus!


The only decent group shot we got of all of us during our four-course meal on the last night of 2006. You should've seen this guy (apparently he was some famous Nigerian singer, who happens to be a friend....popped in the place to say hi & I made the mistake of asking him to take a pic of us...he did the whole "around the clock" thing & took at least 6 pics of us...this is the only one I could use.



I have an excuse for all these fuzzy ones.....no one knows how to use my camera. Or could it be the fact that the guy taking the picture probably had 2 much to drink.
Anyway....all of us during some of the first moments of 2007....


This one I took.....there wasn't much happening at our hotel's club (Sheraton), so we went to the Hilton for the real New Year experience....

All 4 girls enjoying the "jungle within"...l-r Angela, Mary (holding Jolena, Angela & Richard's baby) & Michelle...I told you Nigeria had cuties..... Michelle black & whitified this pic...gave it a nice look (not that it didn't already have one....)



This place was called "The Obudu Grill". It's an excellent high-standard Steakhouse with GREAT food & a very classy air. We ate their 2x....this is the first night we ate there & I've having Ostrich steak (yup, that's right all you in the U.S.--I'm actually eating Ostrich)...my red drink is called Chapman & it's a Nigerian special (I'll explain later).


WHAT THE???....NO WAY!!! Ok, that has got to be the largest pepper shaker in the world. I think it also doubles as a fire extinguisher in case the chemical reaction of the pepper hitting your steak causes an explosion.....

more later....hope you had a good New Year :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome supply!! And nice to see new pics of you guys. So happy the Lord did that for you! Lots and lots of love from here!