Friday, September 29, 2006

A Positive Praise Post!

I was inspired the other day when I read some quotes from several friends blogs on the subject of praise. It made me think....(that's always good)!

Generally, I am a thankful person! I generally post to show the good things that happen in my life that I want to share with others. But I am still not after all these years in the habit of praising for even the "bad" things that happen in my life. I'm also not in the habit of seeing the good in everything, or of having the knack to praise despite (or rather smack in the middle of) "adversity".

But after I read this post I was reminded that the little things that happen every day (a sandwich, a bath, a sunset, an encouraging word from a friend, a walk (yes, working feet is something not to be taken for granted)) are noteworthy & are worth stopping & thanking God for. And what's more, these things have the ability to be enough to catapult me into sheer bliss & overjoyous (I know....I make words up all the time) happiness. That's quite a thought! I think I've always been waiting for the "biggies" in my life before I become ecstatic.--Like when I fly on a jet plane (in a couple days, actually...), or find a wife, or become a father, or strike treaure while digging on a South Sea island, or when I attend Euroc (YEEEESS!). But that's a lot of waiting....and a lot of missing chances to be ecstatic when I could & should just as well be truly & fully satisfied with life--my heart fully thankful to God--with eating breakfast in the morning or receiving an e-mail from my mom.

"This is of course easier said then done!", you might say--& you'd be totally right in saying it. But the cool thing about when I read Ang's post, was that that's when it clicked that I could indeed be grateful for the same things that she was thankful for & instantly adopt the same "gratitude attitude". You see? Once you start, it comes automatically.

So let me remember my own words when I'm walking down-town London tomorrow in gloomy, rainy weather with the majority of people with scowls on their faces. Or when the person I'm trying to share a tract & message of God's love with won't recieve it. Or when I'm sleeping on a mattrass on the living room floor of where I'm temporarily staying until my next mission to Nigeria...All these things won't matter when I insist on seeing the beauty in the little things & "praise the Lord for another day of life".

For more on the grattitude attitude see whackywazzoo.blogspot.com (like 2 or 3 posts down), or missbenino.blogspot.com, August 2005. You'll be duly impressed & will soon be caught with a "song on your own lips". Enjoy!

6 comments:

whacky said...

that's so cool! It's nice to know that I helped to inspire someone in some way. Love you, Brian, and hope you have a good trip back to Africa... We'll be waiting for you to visit again (and we have a place for when you want to join our home - hehe!) :P

Nyx Martinez said...

PRAISE THE LORD YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nyx Martinez said...

PRAISE THE LORD YOU ARE..........NOT GETTING MARRIED????????????????

Nyx Martinez said...

PRAISE THE LORD FOR RUMORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nyx Martinez said...

PRAISE THE LORD BRIAN IS GOING TO START POSTING MORE SO WE CAN KNOW WHAT'S UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nyx Martinez said...

PRAISE THE LORD, BRIAN!!!! AMEN????????

Actually, I'm thankful that he made you such a nice guy.

Miss u!

Blog about Nigeria soon, eh????