Monday, September 11, 2006

EUROOOOOOOOOOOOOCKK!!!!

Wow! At long last I get a chance to post about this life-changing event.
Without too many words, (a picture is worth so much more)I'll say that this was THE EVENT!!! Some things that helped make this amazing:


--It was a total miracle that I attended (long story--but basically my whole trip was sponsored).

--Saw friends from up to 12 & 14 years ago, as well as others that I hadn't seen in 4, 5 or 6 years. It was also great catching up with good freinds who I've seen off & on over the years.

--Getting euphoric on Jesus via the inspirations, skits, classes, etc as a huge group was awesome!!--Something that I'll keep with me forever.


A few pics:

These next few of arrival day/security check-in, etc.









These of a skit the first skit we did (the pics may explain the story....but maybe not). It was funny, actually...A bit of a surprise when on the second day I'm informed that I'm on the "skit crew". It was a nice surprise, though! I quite enjoyed it, actually!

thrilled to join the army


...For obvious reasons..






tough army seargant


..my "sister" & I deciding to give the army our all..


The happy ending


CONCERTS....

YES!!! THE CONCERTS!!!

Never mind the fact that my voice was hoarse for the next 3 days after shouting for 4 hours straight. Never mind the fact that I didn't have any hair to swing. Never mind the fact that I thought I was going deaf. The concerts were still as a good a way as any to spend our 7-11 evening slots every night during this festival (OOOOOHHH!! So THAT'S why they called it EUROCK). Come to think of it, it would be my first rock-concert....like, EVER!! Each band did excellent, in my opinion (ok, except for like one or two)! And what made it even better was that there were so many bands--and each singing the songs that made the revolution with the fire-power of God in their eyes & half the songs that I'd never heard (that's always good).

Here are some pics of some of my favorite singers--Haven(who was a solo artist) & Salt of the Earth. I also loved Metanoya & Creature.



Haven


Cheering Haven on (the guys on my left had proper "I love Haven" T-shirts & the works...I know...I'm working on it)




Don't even ask me why I posted this one...my sweaty armpits showing & all...


Justin




Some of our "Techies" at work...

6 comments:

Ruth Cortejos said...

Ahhhh so fun!

Nyx Martinez said...

Eh Ssebo. You are back!

whacky said...

Eh Sebo, you were what? you were rocking!

mountainmaid said...

Glad you had the time of your life...sounds like it was almost enough adventure for a lifetime, keep rocking, though.
Miss you!

Mei said...

hey brian,remember me from John and Beth?cool so you're back,hope you had fun,k take care,mwah!

bassistlikeflea said...

Hey! You have a blog! I'm Phil (the staff guy). We lived at the HCS together.
I wanted to go to Eurock...
It's SOOOOOOOO cold here! Freeeezing!
Keep in touch!