Friday, September 01, 2006

Geysir/Gullfoss/Thingfellir

I understand that I don't post enough! Hmmmm....let's hope this blog wasn't one of those "small beginnings, lesser ends" type ventures.)I think I just have to get in the groove of posting more regularly. This was meant to be a way that friends heard from me all the time all at once. Now friends of mine complain to me that they don't hear from me either way. Ooops! Well you all can encourage me to keep blogging by COMMENTING! Anyway, I shouldn't have to adverstise for myself! This must mean that the postings aren't quality enough, so let's see what we can do about that (I accept the challenge)!
Anyway....this was the most awesome day-trip I had ever been on. You'll see what I mean as you view--although you can't quite tell from the pictures. I guess what was cool was that it could all be done in one day. Several awesome sights within an hour or so's distance from each other.
The vastness of this planet & the awesome things that God has created...I'm still not over it! Amazing that one can't really exhaust the views & sites & all that are to be enjoyed, isn't it?
But really, Iceland is amazing. All that's on this one little island. If you haven't been, I suggest you make this your next holiday spot.
But in any case, I'm gonna try to recap my entire 2 months here in my next post (:)if & when I get around to it) with a sort of "best of" of all the pics I took while here. (Just in case all this Iceland stuff is getting to you by this point)
ENJOY!!
slightly dubios as to what the experience will give me ('O ye of little faith'). That & it was slightly cold!
My first Canyon (I think!)!

You'll never guess what was the topping on this ice-cream! Well if it's not chocolate, it would only figure that it would be........you guessed it= Licorice!

My sis & I at the 'Geyser' section of the day! This is where it started getting real fun! This steamy/spewy place had me momentarily wowed!

The third largest spout in Iceland & the second biggest at that site, about to blow. I love the deep blue in the bubble!

There she goes!

Spraying!--Again!

Magnificence! I had never seen a waterfall like this (Again, that I remember)!

Lisa, Ethan & I with Nic taking the pic! We had momentarily lagged behind some of the others to take pics!

Lola

5 comments:

Miss B said...

Wow, that is awesome!

Kaia said...

I stumbled onto your blog quite on accident. Totally "WOW" pics. Iceland seems like an amazing place.

Nyx Martinez said...

hello Globetrotter. I saw your pix at Eurock. Remind me to send you the pics of you with the lady bunnies at Rouge club. Eh heh.

anna said...

you SHOULD be happy to know that I have since been on this triangle tour brian. and you're so right about it's...it's...incredulousness (sounds like a good word for it). but alas, it is even more spectaular that the pictures. oh well, i guess people will have to come to iceland to see it!

whacky said...

good to see you posting again, Brian!! This place is so incredible! I think I've been on that tour 3 or 4 times now and it never loses it's brilliance! of course, your mum and I got to go to the Westman Islands... that was just amazing!! Some of those pics are on my blog so take a peek at what we want you to come back to :P