Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Thots....


The simple irony is that during the time when there's so much to blog about, you can't, cause you're too busy doing all there is to do & you don't have time...



a black dude, Art & Rich at Dantata's yearly Christmas party...don't mind my huge grin, I'm just excited that I'm about to dig into the contents of the pictured plastic plate...I can taste the food again just looking at the pic...mmmmmmm
I've actually really enjoyed going on different people's blogs during this time...again, so much going on..(u have stupidity to thank for the fact that I still can't put the correct links with urls, but just have to resort to spelling out the whole web-site here...

Some random thoughts on Christmas (Introducing the Ghost of Christmas past):

--I wonder if that whole "magical", Christmas feel will be with me every Christmas...
My sister Petra, about 4 years ago or so, told me that Christmas (in the tradition part) was for kids...& that's why she didn't necessarily feel the whole "Christmas spirit" every year now that she's grown (her way of saying "Bah!--Humbug!"...lol..)...but yeah, granted, we have Jesus every day, so I can see her point...
But to me, it's still come every year...as soon as I see the tree go up & I hear the Carols playing, I'm in a different world. I know, I'm rather juvenille for a nearly 28 year old male...but hey...it's fun!--To me, it's an exciting thought that every year Jesus' birthday will be so special for me...

--I've officially concluded that at Christmas especially, giving gifts is funner than getting them...


Kids singing at our Sunday afternoon party for friends & Bible students last Sunday..

Some Christmas snippets I've gathered from near & far (far, mostly)...(you have stupidity to thank for the fact that I still can't correctly post urls here, but have to instead resort to spelling out the whole website for you...)

Nyx Martinez has started up a show troupe with her young siblings...I believe they perform for her LAYA project at the prison....I'm not sure...


Mary & Jolene @ the PW party the other week...

The Iceland team are up to all kinds of winter antics...

You can catch a great pic of my neice (my favorite baby in the universe so far) on Jamez' blog...

Family Care Uganda has been up to a lot with their C'mas show for listeners (250 attendees, I heard)...

The aip for Africa went off the other day (15th). Some of these teens are incredible witnesses...the subscriptions soared...here's the link to our teen blog here...it's still in the "birth" stages...don't expect a lot...

half-empty, or half-full? Trying to look on the bright side of the "low-side" of my Christmas Lager at the PW party earlier this month...

Disclaimer for the pics: No cutting, cropping, adjusting, or anything done on these for this post...during the "Yuletide rush" you get the "shrink & slap-it-on special"...enjoy!

1 comment:

Wild Flower said...

OH....I miss those kids so much. They're so big. You look hilarious in that glass picture...lol!!!
Have a good one for New Years...
Lv ya