Friday, March 09, 2007

Colorful Zaria....

How about some more pics....??

I had wanted to post these eons ago (I exaggerate--3 & a half weeks ago--roughly one eon)....

All these taken on the second of 3 trips I've taken up to Zaria. You'll know why I titled this post the way I did....captions follow each pic....



Kids going home from school....I just love the candidness (is that a word??) of this pic.....these kids obviously don't have much, but they're enjoying their day anyway. Also, notice how the little kid on the left is clearly feeling "grown up" as he walks with the "big guys".....ha!


I call this one 'cart kids'...the one on the far left was pleased as punch to have his pic taken...


'Bricks'



We just happened to be driving on the way to visit a friend one evening, when we passed this parade going through old town....we didn't stop to find out what the occasion was......only long enough to take this "snap"....



Some of the VVF women sitting on the porch of our center towards "completion day" of the building....


After the kid worked so hard at hacking the sugar cane, the least the little "tourist" could do was buy some of it. So I did!


These guys in their traditional clothing walking around with radio in hand is a typical 'Housa sight'.

These last ones taken at different stages of the same sunset....



8 comments:

Ruth Cortejos said...

I really like those sunset pics...esp. the middle one!

Nyx Martinez said...

I like the kids and the wagon!
--Paintable!

CurlyCel said...

I can't see them - how strange is that?

Unknown said...

Even I couldn't the other day....

I'll try & refigure...if I have to I'll re-post.

Sorry about that!

CurlyCel said...

Its working now - cool! I wonder what the problem was? Oh well, all is well that ends well. - Neat pics!

whacky said...

Eh Sssebo! You have what?! You have my glasses ;-)

whacky said...

that was meant to say, you don't have my glasses

Xact Claims Services said...

africa...so purdy