Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On time.....for Phebe!

This time I'm on time..... ;)

This one for my eldest sister Phebe...it's her birthday today. Happy Birthday, Phebe!




She's always been a good big sis to the rest of us little siblets (she's actually only 2 years older than I am, but when you're 5 & she's 7 it's like, woah...big sis!)! She also bossed us around & kept us in line. Thankfully, when you're closer in age, by the time you grow up things even out & at about 17, when I buffed out (I know, I know--you're thinking "Skinny little Brian!"--I had my time;) ....Africa has taken it's toll (sighs sadly)), she realized we had become peers (almost) & since then we "hang" together & she no longer bosses me around (ummm....ok, every now & then...).

Anyone who knows Phebe will agree that she's fun-loving, cheery, happy, smiley, loves to laugh, is responsible & wise, is great with children & puts her all into whatever she does.

Happy Birthday, Phebe! I pray this year will bring the best into your life & that you will have the desires of your heart. ILY! Those of you who know her, how about a birthday wish or 2...?? I'm sure she'd love it!


History

I thought this a good time to post a couple pics of my fam, instead of waiting for another opp. I realized I don't really have that many "archive" pics on my computer....(long before the days of digitals.....does that mean I'm getting old???)...but I, or one of my sisters, managed to scan a few once upon a time. Please enjoy!

For anon, though, the very short of version of our 'history' is that my dad was a widower-missionary in the U.S. who recieved a call to go to Latin America, where he would, as God told him, "get a wife there".
Several years before this, on the other side of the Ocean, my mother was a single Mom serving the Lord in the Family as well when one day, while visiting a friend, a psychic woman tells her that one day she's to go to Latin America & "meet a dark man with 2 kids", who would be her husband.
In short....it happened in 1983 & Christina (the one in my last post), Petra & Lisa have been my sisters ever since..... Hooray for destiny!!!

late-80s....about 5 or so years after my parents got together....


I don't have any of the toddler ones from the early 80s....those are the real classics. As soon as I get my hands on a scanner, I'll put some of those up.

The handsome young man in the middle, sporting the loud, blue tie, is me......my 2 younger sisters on either side, Petra & Christina, respectively. (Yes, that's right, the little dimple-faced, chestnut-head with the clothes that don't match, is the beautiful young woman you see in the picture about 3 posts down....)

Myself (mid-left), sis Christina, & Mom, C'mas '99

With my sister Lisa, sis Petra & her son, Emilio & my Mom, around 2004 sometime.


Lisa & Petra....out of their teen years, but not quite "present day"!



A few more of Phebe since it's her B'day....



With My Dad last summer...



I'll sign out with this absolute classic.....This one taken in Venezuela (or Brazil, I'm not sure) just shortly before my parents met up. Ain't us kiddos just the CUTEST???

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowza! Memories. Just looking at pictures of your family makes me think back to the Belgium days...

CurlyCel said...

Ah yes, Belgium - whoa!
But I have such good memories of meeting you guys, and your parents were the best, Brian. Please give them my love, and especially your dad, who I haven't seen in ages but who left a big impression on me. - Such a fun, sweet, lovingly fatherly type man to the dorky teen that I was. :D

CurlyCel said...

Oh, and of course, Happy Birthday to Phebe! Not sure you remember me, but I remember you. - I sure hope you have a great year.

Nyx Martinez said...

Wow Brian how come I never saw these??? TOO CUTE!!!

You guys are a beautiful family....I always thought it was so cool to be in a family who was multi-color-coded...

...Alas...

Much love to you and yours!

Unknown said...

Nikki, some of these were print copies I got from my sis, Lisa, just now when I was in Iceland (well, half a year ago).

I "re-picd" them with my digital...eh, voila!

Don't worry that you're not in a multi-colored fam, Nyx! You're family's plenty-colorful & plenty-beautiful....and unique with your like, 95 brothers & sisters...ha!

You missed the debate, btw....grrrr!

Anonymous said...

Phoebus w/ a Foetus...
I already sent you my wishes..but here's here again. I love you and miss you and couldn't have thought of a better sis to have (except the other 2 which are equal in score..and yet different..) And yeah, we had good times. Hehe. And more to come hopefully. ILY....and waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh miss laughing wiv ye. Ciao bella. Poka.
--Lisa.

Nyx Martinez said...

Sorry, Bri,

It was my Feast Days when I saw it--you know how that goes...but I did leave you some comments down below.

Ruth Cortejos said...

I loved looking at those photos...so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birtday Pheebske, once more! I love you and am looking forward seeing you soon.
Pictures are great, Bri, and bring up wonderful memories. A tear or two for times past, but hey, the future is as bright as the promises of God! Amen?
Lots to love to the greatest kids in the world!
XXX

Santi said...

awesome family brian! and great pictures! i specially like the one with of you with your curly/rasta hair LOL so good :D, i have just recently been introduced to this family only know like half of it, but it would definately be grand to know all of it! happy birthday Phebe!
Mary looks gorgeous on the family pic, and Lisa looks cute as a kid :P it's also an amazing story of how both your parents got together! and please do keep posting more groovy 80's pictures! alas... i can't put any... i'm too young to have any :P though i could post some of the 90's on my blog sometime :D