Monday, November 23, 2009

Looking further..

while out on my trip (just the 24 hour travel from S.A. to UK), apart from enjoyable flights & silly musings at the Cairo airport, I had a good look at a lot of people & noticed a few things..

--a lot of them looked very sad..many looked downright miserable..

--saw at least 3 people crying at different airports that day (I'm not talking about goodbyes)..I prayed for each of them that God would touch their lives & give them lasting happiness..

--saw a blind girl busking at the train station when I got off in West Dulwich..It was freezing cold that day, but there she was singing a rather pretty sounding opera & even smiling, although she couldn't see (or make a decent living)..

As I myself was exhausted (virtually sleepless night that first Jo'berg/Cairo flight), lugging around large suitcase up flights of stairs, juggling change, calls, tickets, oyster, etc. I didn't really stop for people that day, but more committed them to the Lord in prayer..

The conclusion is that it was yet another confirmation of the sad state of so many in the world today. It's all I can do to keep plodding along & try to encourage those I come across every day..(as I did only thru prayer that day)..it's no wonder I've chosen the life I have..

2 comments:

Nyx Martinez said...

Great post.

Anonymous said...

nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you know that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.