Thursday, July 10, 2008

Provisioning by proxy!

Ha!

The coolest thing happened today..

not that it was extraordinary, but just the way it happened.. God is so cool!

So i was praying for like 3 months for a new pair of sleek, leather dress shoes as 1 pair i have is 2 big & the other pair...well, let's just say that after 4 years, "hole" is starting to seriously compete with "shoe"..

Then i was following up on a friend that has a business in a plaza where we do a weekly water pick-up..i had just sat & spent some time with him, going over our recent projects & inviting him to our fellowship...then i wandered into the shop next door where they sell clothes/shoes, etc. and explained that i wanted to see the manager....

The storekeepers told me to come the next day, so when i did, the friend who I'd followed up next door happened to be at the shop. I told him what I was doing there & that I'd come to see the manager to provision shoes..My friend kind of laughed & made a small joke about the whole thing..I told him that i expected a miracle, etc. & that the guy (cloth store owner) may just see giving me a pair of shoes as his way of helping our work. My friend didn't really say anything to that, but I could tell he thought it over.

That day they told me that if I wanted to catch this guy, I had to come in the morning by around Ten, so that's what I did today. But he wasn't there. Then as I was in town cashing a cheque, my friend calls me & tells me that the owner is there then & that I should "come right now". Then he said "What's your shoe size?" and I thought "Heh! Maybe my friend will buy me the pair of shoes instead (since he'd scoffed at the thought of me provisioning it)."

As I get there, my freind tells me "The man was here, but he had to go again. But I explained the whole thing to him & I told him that I was involved in your projects & he agreed to give you a pair of shoes. They have them in the shop! Let's go look at them!"

Ha. So I went upstairs & chose the one that I liked out of the 4 pairs he'd left for me to choose from. It was hilarious & just ironic how the guy that had laughed at the whole idea, ended up provisioning the pair of shoes for me. Ha is all I can say.....& of course,

"Thank You, Jesus for answering my prayer!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool! The Lord is pretty genius in the way He works.

-David (in Iceland)(for your differentiation.)

Anonymous said...

Lol..brilliant..

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

Thank God the standard has been upped.

Unknown said...

Amen.